Dr. Nadya Spasova-Koteva
This post is also available in: Български (Bulgarian)
Dr. Spasova is a pulmonologist in Sofia with 25 years of experience. She is interested in conventional pulmonology, such as spirometry, abdominal and thoracic echography, pleural puncture, diagnostics and treatment of tuberculosis, obstructive sleep apnea, etc. She is also involved in clinical research of respiratory interruptions during sleep and non-invasive ventilation, COPD, bronchial asthma, pneumonia, tuberculosis, interstitial diseases, etc. Adult patients accepted only.
Dr. Spasova graduated from the Medical University of Pleven in 1988. She specialized and obtained her diploma in Internal diseases in 2012 and Pneumology at UMHAT “Alexandrovska” in Sofia and Pneumology and Phthisiology in 2015 at Tokuda Hospital in Sofia. She also became a Master of health management at UNWE in Sofia in 2017.
– European spirometry certificate;
– Abdominal ultrasound certificate;
– Professional qualification in Conventional ultrasound of the thorax;
– Member of the Bulgarian Lung Diseases Association, the European Respiratory Society (ERS), the Bulgarian Medical Association and European cardio-radiologic society.
– Participated in numerous national and international congresses and seminars.
Dr. Spasova has been working at the Specialized Hospital for Active Treatment of Pneumo-phthisiatric diseases in Sofia since 2002. She went from a resident doctor to Head of Pneumo-phthisiatric department. Since 2016, she has been the state coordinator for prevention, control and treatment of tuberculosis in the area of Sofia. Currently, she is part of Medical Center Hera’s team.
Favorite quote: It doesn’t matter how many things we do but how much love and attention we put in. It doesn’t matter how much we give but how much love and attention we put in while giving.